BLS (Basic Life Support) Copy
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. This video-based, instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and pre-hospital settings. This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills.
The BLS Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations, and provide early use of an AED. In this instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students will work with an instructor and will demonstrate hands-on proficiency. A written exam will be conducted upon completion of the course.
- Reflects science and education from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Skill proficiency will be verified through hands-on scenarios
- High-quality CPR will be emphasized along with reviewing the importance of working together as a team
- Courses are video lead and will provide real-life scenarios
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants